Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Teaching English in China

As I said in my last blog, the next blog that I was going to write about would be about something interesting to do with my future. Sorry I have not updated my blog sooner but as a college student I do procrastinate and get occupied at certain random times.
One of the three major decisions that I have been thinking about lately is going to China to teach English after I graduate college in May 2012. Even though that is a little over a year away, I like to plan a head and plan my future a little ways in advance. This is something new I have thought about and I still have a lot of research to go before I ultimately decide on what to do. Some may ask why I want to devote 10 – 12 months of my life to a different country where I will not know the language and pretty much be completely clueless of many things for a while. Well a few reasons I believe I would like to do this are; adventure, a challenge, and most importantly I believe that God has major plans for me in the future if I do something like this. If I go over to China and learn the culture there I can better serve God back in the U.S. by helping foreign exchange students or other Chinese people that come to America. I have a lot of things to go over and pray about before I do make this decision but this really is a major possibility. If you are wondering what the other two major decisions I have been thinking about they will be written about in later posts.

1 comment:

  1. Matthew...my step-brother, Brent did this in Hungary and is currently in S. Korea. In Hungary he worked with high school aged kids and is at a university in S. Korea. He has loved both experiences and seen some pretty amazing things and places. Good luck with whatever you decide! :-)

    ReplyDelete