Monday, January 31, 2011

NBA and Defense


          What happened to the good ole days of NBA basketball when Michael Jordan and Larry Byrd were around. During their time defense actually matter it was a great accomplishment to score a 100+ points. Now teams average in the high 90’s and seeing a team score 130 points in a game is just another occurrence that happens every couple weeks. Today there are great athletes and players that play ball in the NBA but can they really be compared to the greats of old if they don’t even play like they did in those days. I am sure the guys today in the NBA can play defense but they don’t play defense. They let players drive around them and dunk the ball or leave a man wide open past the three point line so he can have an easy three. I only watch the NBA when the playoffs come around and especially the championship series. I guess you can call me a homer as well because I really only like to route for Arkansas born players or players that played at the University of Arkansas. Maybe one day defense will become important in the NBA again and then I will watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment